Cancer care close to home.
St Croix Cancer Specialists is a medical oncology practice located on the island of St. Croix. We are dedicated to providing cancer treatment close to home, where you can rely on the support of family and friends and continue your daily routine or work schedule throughout the treatment process. Our team includes a board certified Medical Oncology, Hematology, and Internal Medicine Physician working together with oncology certified nurses and in-house phlebotomy.
Our team routinely coordinates with off island and stateside physicians to develop and follow treatment plans providing you with the most advanced therapies and treatment options available anywhere. We practice personalized medicine and routinely implement genomic testing of tumors to come up with a personalized cancer care plan that may involve chemotherapy infusions, pills or hormone therapy
Dr. Elizabeth DelGiacco
Originally from upstate New York, Dr. DelGiacco completed a fellowship in medical oncology and hematology in Philadelphia and an internal medicine residency at Lenox Hill Hospital in New York City. She has a medical degree from Kansas City University of Medicine and graduated with Phi Sigma Sigma National Honor Society Honors in 2009. She is certified in Osteopathic treatment and manipulation techniques. She has clinical research experience obtained in a fellowship at the National Institutes of Health in Bethesda, MD. Her undergraduate degree is in neuroscience from the University of Rochester.
On St Croix, Dr. DelGiacco is American Board of Internal Medicine triple board certified in Internal Medicine, Medical Oncology and Hematology. She has a private oncology and hematology practice, as well as attending status at Gov. Juan F. Luis Hospital in both internal medicine and oncology/hematology. She is the Medical Director at Continuum Care Hospice and Home Care and the University of the Virgin Islands Campus Physician for the Albert A. Sheen Campus.
Publications and Presentations
· DelGiacco EJ, Katz J. Acquired Hemophilia. Medscape Slideshow June 2015. Available at: https://reference.medscape.com/features/slideshow/acquired-hemophilia
· Brandt R, DelGiacco EJ, Nixon C, Dolinsky J, Speare V, Mushlin J, Carp N, McHugh TW. The genetic variation observed in BRCA 1/2 + families. J Clin Oncol 33:5s, 2015 (suppl; abstr e12511) American Society of Clinical Oncology, May 29th – June 2, 2015, Chicago IL.
· Albert NE, DelGiacco EJ, Newman G. A Case of a Rare Type of Aggressive Duodenal Neoplasm. Gastroenterology Volume 148, Issue 4, Supplement 1, April 2015, Pages S-936–S-937. Presented at: American Gastroenterological Association (AGA) Digestive Disease Week, May 16-19, 2015, Washington, DC.
· DelGiacco EJ, Katz J. Hemophilia A. Medscape Slideshow. Published April 2015. Available at: http://reference.medscape.com/features/slideshow/hemophilia-a
· DelGiacco EJ, et al. Epidermal Growth Factor Receptor (EGFR) Mutation Testing in Metastatic Adenocarcinoma of the Lung; Quality Improvement Initiative. Oral presentation to: Lankenau Hospital Cancer Committee, April 16, 2015. Wynnewood, PA
· DelGiacco EJ. Pursuing a Career in Oncology with Case Presentations. Oral presentation to the Philadelphia College of Medicine (PCOM), December 2014, Philadelphia, PA.
· Denshaw-Burke M, DelGiacco EJ, Curran AL, Savior DC, Schoffstaff J. Methemoglobinemia. Medscape Reference. Updated March 22, 2013. Available at: http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/204178-overview
· Sonpal N, Jain N, Smith EJ, et al. (2012) A Salad a Day Wont Keep E.coli Away, A Spectrum Case Series of E. coli O157:H7 in Vegetarians. Am J Gastroenterol. 2011; 106: S343. Poster at: Annual Scientific Meeting of The American College of Gastroenterology, Oct 19-24, 2012, Las Vegas, NV.
· Smith EJ, et al. Non-Herbal Tea Induced Hepatitis. Poster at: Society of General Internal Medicine (SGIM) Mid-Atlantic Regional Meeting, March 18, 2011, Baltimore, MD.
· Smith EJ, et al. Lamotrigine: DRESSed to Kill. Journal of General Internal Medicine 26: S487, May 2011. Poster at: Society of General Internal Medicine (SGIM) Mid-Atlantic Regional Meeting, March 18, 2011, Baltimore, MD; SGIM Annual Meeting, May 4-7, 2011, Phoenix, AZ.
· Jain N, Smith EJ, et al. E.coli O157:H7 Infection in a vegetable wrap. Oral presentation at: Society of General Internal Medicine (SGIM) Mid-Atlantic Regional Meeting, March 18, 2011, Baltimore, MD; Lenox Hill Hospital Department of Medicine Research Day 2011, New York, NY.
· Smith EJ, et al. Anticoagulation for a GI Bleed – A Case Report. Poster at: Society of General Internal Medicine (SGIM) Mid-Atlantic Regional Meeting, March 5, 2010, New York, NY.
· Smith EJ. Brain Stimulation Unit – Current Projects Update 2004. Oral Presentation to the National Institute of Neurological Disease and Stroke (NINDS), Bethesda, MD.